Immigration Issues/I485

Question
QUESTION: about 5 weeks ago I had my interview at the local immigration office in Hartford, CT.  I was told the paperwork looks fine and the only thing waiting is FBI clearance.
I was told I will be getting a green card within 2 - 6 weeks.

So fas nothing, no letter and my online status shows case is pending.

I am being sponsored be my mother a US
citizen and I am unmarried and over the age of 21.

I was also planing to get married, as soon as possible.
So can I get married even if I still did no get a green card?

How long do you see for the FBI clearance?

Thanks,
Thomas

ANSWER: Hi,

Your green card should be coming anytime. You should not get married until you receive your green-card.

You can make an appointment with the local office through Infopass if you want to obtain status information in person: https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

QUESTION: thanks for a quick response,

does the immigration service online case status check always up the speed and accurate?

how long does it take to run the FBI check?

Thanks again,
Tom

Answer
Yes, the online system is fairly accurate in terms of processing time estimates for most cases. The FBI check can take several months (and even longer) if your name is in a national security database and requires further investigation.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora