Immigration Issues/I485 and I824?


Today I actually recieved  aproval on the I130 but not anything on the I129 what is an I824 and do I need one? Can I file the I485 with only approval of the one does one override the other? How long does it normally take for him to get over here from this point?

Followup To

Question -
I am a US citizen my husband and I were married here last year he returned to Mexico due to a family crisis in February. I filed and have received receipt of the I130 and I129f. I heard about the I485 but am a little confused is it right in my situation will it speed up the process?

Answer -

I am guessing that you have applied for K-3 visa. Once the I-129F is approved, your husband will enter the U.S. on K-3 visa.

When the I-130 is approved by the USCIS, the I-485 can be filed for your husband.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.

You sent me this follow up to a question answered by Ajay. In any event, for the processing of the K-3 you have to wait until the I-129 F is approved and then contact the Embassy for interview processing. In the meantime you will receive a correspondence from the National Visa Center asking you to pay $450 in visa processing fees. You have to decide if he wants to wait for the Immigrant visa processing (about 6 months) or process under K-3 (about 4 months). If he wants to Consular process the immigrant visa, pay the $450 and they will send you further instructions. If you want him to process the K-3 do not pay the $450 and wait fior the I-129F approval.

The K-3 willbe slighter faster to get him here but then he will have to apply for his green card here. The approved I-130 will take longer to process but he will enter with a Immigrant visa.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]