Immigration Issues/I864-Affidavit Of Support

Question
Would it be possible to add my brother, who's 28 yrs of age and unmarried to my Mother's I-130 petition?
Or, do I need to separate petition for him?
What's the timeline in immigrating unmarried siblings (over 21yrs) vs. parents of U S Citizen?
Pls advise. Thank You.
-------------------------------------------
The text above is a follow-up to ...

-----Question-----
Thank You for your quick response.
Should I then file a I864 as a Joint Sponsor or I864A? I am not really sure of the difference when filing to add income of the primary sponsor.
Also, does this forms have to be Notorized? (I864 & I864-A)
Thank You again for your help and I look forward to your response.
Reginald
The text above is a follow-up to ...

-----Question-----
Hi Robert,
My wife (US Citizen)has filed 1-130 petition for her mother to immigrate to USA on a permanent visa. As a sponsor, her income alone qualifies under the Poverty guideline however, only by $1500. Since it's too close to the poverty line, should I as her husband also file a co-sponser, I864A? The instructions indicate not to file if the sponsor's income meets the poverty line.
Pls respond with your suggestion.
Thank You.
-----Answer-----
Though not necessary, it does not hurt to throw in an I-864A and supporting documents when the income is close.

Robert
-----Answer-----
SInce you live in the household you should file the I-864A. The new forms do not have to be notarized.

Robert

Answer
You must apply for him separately. The timeline is about 1 year for your parents and about 15 years for your brother. This can be cut down a bit if one of your parents applies for him after they get residence. That would take about 8-10 years after they get it but your brother would have to stay single.

Robert

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>