Immigration Issues/Immagration


I'm 21 years old and a illegal alien. I came to the us when i was 7 years old as a visitor. My parents past away and i stayed here instead of going back home. I am now married to a citizen and filed a I-130 form that was approved. Now i want to get a work permit, i was just wondering if i can, now that i'm considered an illegal alien.

Although you are technically an alien illegally in the US, you have a petition that was a approved as an immediate relative benefiary.  I assume you filed an I-485 as well?
While the process is pending, you may request employment authorization by filing form I-765 with the appropriate fee.  This will give you legal authorization to work.  Keep in mind, although you have an approved petition, you do not have legal status are sort of in limbo right now.  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Immigration Law enforcement Border Patrol


30 years Immigration law enforcement/management, criminal investigations, Homeland Security including Border Patrol operations

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]