Immigration Issues/Immigration


This week my fiance and I got a CA orange county marriage license. We plan to get married in the next couple of weeks.
I am from England and would like to return (with my new husband) for two weeks for the Christmas period to England. What papers do I need to be able to get back into the US after my trip? Will I be able to go?
Thank you for your help.

You can try to get a parole visa application but I doubt you have enough time.  You will need an attorney to do it for you if you want any chance of getting it done in a timely expedited fashion.  Make sure the lawyer understands local immigration procedures. Every office handles expedited applications in a slightly different manner.

Good luck.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.