Immigration Issues/Immigration I-130 form

Question
My wife is a permanent resident from thailand and she has a 7 year old daughter that we want to bring to the US. I filed the 1-130 petition twice. one by my wife and one by me to get our daughter here. How long does this process take and when can we expect the visa to be approved? Who can I contact to expedite this process?

Answer
If the process is taking much longer than "normal" it is possible to get the case back on track.  I have straightened thing out with a phone call.  Sometimes not.  I have seen clients contact Congress people and Senators to attempt get a case moving.  Same result, sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Average processing times are just that, Average, some cases take much longer.  

James D. Mills, Esq.