Immigration Issues/Immigration


I am a canadian citizen married to my husband whom is a norwegian citizen (non US citizen). He will be working in the US through his company for couple of years (so they will help him with his immigration process). Therefore, I am curious for myself in what I need to apply in order to join and stay with my husband there so that I could live there and work, or study.

There are numerous ways for you to join him in the US and it would not be practical in this forum to list the numerous possibilities.   I would suggest that you find out what type of visa his employer will offer so you can explore your possibilities at that point.  In addition, your husband should consult with his employer to see whether they are willing to pay applicable fees for you as his derivative beneficiary.  Sorry, I cannot give you any specific advice as your question is too general at this point.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]