Immigration Issues/Immigration to US

Question
Hi Alex ,

My family have been petitioned  by my fathers sister living is US , Our priority date is March 31 1997 ,While checking in Visa Bulletin  ,the current date which is been processed is March 01,1997 , probably  after a while my parents together with my bro will immigrate to US .
My Q is . I m over age 22 yrs old, and will have to wait longer to immigrate .Any idea how long? , can I apply now for student visa   , is there an restrictions as I m still petitioned  

Answer

Once your parents are permanent residents, they can sponsor you (provided you continue to remain unmarried) or, alternatively, they can sponsor you when they are U.S. citizens (you can be sponsored by U.S. citizen parents even if you are married). It will take many years for a visa to be available in either case.

F-1 student visa may be issued if you can convince the Consulate that you are not an intending immigrant at the time of the consular interview. You will definitely not be issued an F-1 visa once your parents sponsor you.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com  

Ajay K. Arora