You are here:

Immigration Issues/Immigration and the I-30


I am marrying a mexican national who currently lives in Mexico. We are getting married in the US so we can submit the I-30 form which I understand takes 6 months to process. She is then eligible to live in the US and travel back and forth to Mexico. Correct? During the processing time is she allowed to travel between the US and Mexico and what is the maximum time limit per visit until the I-30 is processed?

Well, what type of visa is she using to enter the US?  A K-1?  She might be permitted to live in work in the US DEPENDING on how she entered.  If she is legally in the US and pending approval of the petition, she will given authorization to work in the US, and may travel between the two countries.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Immigration Law enforcement Border Patrol


30 years Immigration law enforcement/management, criminal investigations, Homeland Security including Border Patrol operations

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]