You are here:

Immigration Issues/Immigration to the us


Hi, my wife has a daughter living in the us and married to an american citizen she wants to sponsor my wife for immigration, if my wife gets a immigration visa would I be able to stay in the us with my wife?

First the daughter needs to become a US citizen to sponsor your wife. If it is step parent-step daughter relationship, this relationship should be formed prior to the 18th birthday of the stepdaughter.
Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.