Immigration Issues/Immigration


I am asking this on behalf of my son.
My son is 25 years old and is a United Kingdom Citizen but has a Permament Residence (Green Card)
for the USA. He has just bought his own house here and lives and works here full time. He married a Russian citizen who was living and working over here on a work visa that her mother had qualified for as she was married to a USA citizen. Her mother just divorced the American and now my daughter in law, Marina, has had a letter from Immigration saying her visa is finished in August. Is there any kind of visa that can keep Marina in the USA whilst my sons application for US Citizenship goes through. It will probably take approx. 1 year for him to achieve citizenship.  They both desperately want to stay in this country that is now their home.
Any help or suggestions will be greatfully appreciated.

You need to retain an attorney to review the documents and provide an opinion.  There are too many options and variables to be sure of anything in this case without a thorough review.  It is not the type of question that I can answer over the internet.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


James D. Mills, Esq.


I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.


I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997

©2017 All rights reserved.