Immigration Issues/Immigration Question


Dear Alexander!
I am an iranian jew who is going to become a refugee to the a matter of fact my girlfriend(a muslim) who i 'm gonna marry is coming to the united states via a student visa.(2 to 4 years of stay)
is it possible for her to get a permanent residency through me before her visa is expired?
according to our time of marriage,what options and possibilities do we have and what do you suggest we do and at which country do you suggest we marry?

Well I once represented an Iranian woman who was born Muslim but who converted to Christianity.  She obtained her asylum petition because it was clear that she would be persecuted as an apostate in Iran.  I suspect that might be the angle for your wife.

Good luck.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.