Immigration Issues/Immigration - My Spouse Overseas

Question
Hello -

I have a question:  I married overseas recently, and have applied for my wife (I-130) for a Visa.  My question is, she may be pregnant at the moment, so how does that work?  Does that raise some complications for me?  I know that my K-3 Visa will probably take longer than 9 months, so our child may be born overseas in her country.  Is there anything that I can do to speed up the process for her to come here, so we can have our child here, since this may cause some hardship for this circumstance?  And if the child is born there, how can I bring it here?  Does it automatiaclly become a US Citizen, since I am?  Please help by advising me on this subject, your advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ray N.

Answer
It is unfortunate you did not talk to someone before you proceeded. The best thing you could have done is bring her in as a fiance. But that is water under the bridge. You are going to need to file for your child if the child is born before she receives her visa and arrives in the USA.  This will of course cause more delays. All I can say is you should contact the consulate and request expedited treatment because of her condition.  They may choose to do so, but there is nothing you will be able to do to force them.

Good luck.

Alexander J. Hay