You are here:

Immigration Issues/Immigration of U.S. Citizen's Parents from U.K.


Hi, Robert.

My wife is a naturalized U.S. citizen. Her (retired) parents have decided they would like to emigrate from the U.K. to the U.S. My wife has submitted form I130 to apply for her parents' permanent residence, but we're aware that it will probably take about 1 1/2 years before it is approved.

Given that her parents will not be attempting to work in this country and are financially independent (and are aware of the health insurance issues, etc.), is there a visa they can apply for prior to getting their green cards that would allow them to make the move while they're waiting for their permanent residency to come through?

Thanks in advance for your help!  

They should have come over here on the visa waiver program and then filed all their papers here. Now that the immigrant visa petitions have been filed for them, it will be difificult to get them here for a temporary visit prior to getting residence.


Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.