Immigration Issues/Immigration processing

Question
Wonderful!  Here's my situation...My husband and I live in MN but want to move to IL.  We have already sent everything in from our MN address to an office in Bloomington, MN, which I think forwards everything on to Nebraska Service Center.  And I think that things from Illinois go to Nebraska as well.  If we were to move to Chicago, would our stuff get put back on the bottom of some pile?  When I see postings of processing times, I see the Nebraska times but then also district office times as well, namely St. Paul, MN and Chicago, IL.  The Chicago office is moving twice as slow as St. Paul at this point.  I then heard that Nebraska is sending all new I-130's to California because they are so backlogged.  So here are my questions:  

*Would we possibly get lost in the shuffle of things if we move?
*Would we be breaking any law if we move to Chicago anyway but on our   
change of address to BCIS just put, say, my parents address in MN and have them forward our mail?
*Do you know if there is any truth to Nebraska sending I-130's to Cali?
*Do certain forms only go to certain places?  (We sent I-130, I-485, and I-765)

If you have any insight for me, I would greatly appreciate it!  I just don't want to make this process any slower by moving if that is what could happen!  Thank you!-------------------------
Followup To
Question -
Would you first be able to tell me if you have some knowledge about how the processing of applications/forms at BCIS (specifically the different service centers) works?  I have a couple fairly uncomplicated questions regarding where everything gets sent but the first person I asked in this topic said this was out of his expertise.  Thank you!
Answer -
Yes, I've filed many forms at all service centers.  Some forms get filed with the District Office and some district offices have specific, unique, procedures.

I may be able to help.

Answer
Q1. Would we possibly get lost in the shuffle of things if we move?

A1.  With USCIS anything is possible.  Most likely, it would just slow the processing down.  Certainly the time that it takes for the file to change locations will be a delay.

Q2. Would we be breaking any law if we move to Chicago anyway but on our change of address to BCIS just put, say, my parents address in MN and have them forward our mail?

A2.  The address would need to be reflected on all documents, including your drivers license.  Employment may also raise issues (clearly you are not commuting from your home in MN to work in IL).  MN and IL are both under the Nebraska service center so relocation would make no difference if it was filed and processed by the service center.

Q3. Do you know if there is any truth to Nebraska sending I-130's to Cali?

A3.  Not sure about that off the top of my head.  I would need to research it.

Q4.Do certain forms only go to certain places? (We sent I-130, I-485, and I-765)

A4.  Yes, certain forms go certain places and the same form is sometimes filed at a different location depending on the basis of a filing.

James D. Mills, Esq.