Immigration Issues/Immigration question.

Question
Hello! I am a US citizen and have filed I-130 forms for both my father and mother residing in Pakistan, and recently got the approval.  Will my real brother, who is 18 years old, be able to immigrate with my parents?

Thank you.

Raza.

Answer
Once they are Permanent Residents, one of your parents may file an I-130 on behalf of your brother, which will be faster than if you were to apply for him as a sibling, which is a lower priority family category (see below).  However, he is not automatically eligible to apply for a green card only based upon the I-130 approval notices that have been issued on their behalf.

To follow are the various categories:
FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCES

First: Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Citizens

Second: Spouses and Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Permanent Residents

A. Spouses and Children
B. Unmarried Sons and Daughters (21 years of age or older)

Third: Married Sons and Daughters of Citizens

Fourth: Brothers and Sisters of Adult Citizens

These are the priority dates for each category listed above, meaning that even if an I-130 is approved on behalf of a family member (other than spouse of a U.S. citizen), that person must wait until the date of receipt is reached in the visa bulletin, according to their visa category (see below):

Family         
1st 15JUN00
2A* 08OCT98
2B 01MAY95
3rd 01AUG97
4th 15JAN92

I hope this helps.

Janelle Miau