You are here:

Immigration Issues/Immigration questions


Please answer my questions:
- How can a person with a H1 visa change working places?
- May this person become self employed?

If the answer to either of the questions is positive, I'd like to know the process and cost.

Thank you

The answer to BOTH questions is "YES".  Both are possible.  The process is far too complex to explain in detail. but, basically, the person files a petition to change employers.  There are 5 separate government forms that are needed for this process.  The transfer process is quite similar to the initial H-1B process.  

We charge $3000 for an H-1B plus expenses and filing fees.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


James D. Mills, Esq.


I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.


I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997

©2017 All rights reserved.