You are here:

Immigration Issues/Immigration of un-married applicant with child


What is the status now of my petition? (for Immigrant Visa) that my petitioner mother (who became U.S. citizen last 2000) is already deceased since 2005.
Here are some information about me:
Applicant's nationality: Filipino
Applicant's birthdate: Jan. 29, 1960
Applicant's Category number: F1 to F2B?
Date of Petition: Year 1992
Relation to Petitioner: Mother (now deceased since 2005)
Date of Petitionerís U.S. citizenship:  Year 2000
Date of applicant's Interview (at U.S. Embassy): Nov. 16, 2001.
Information from Interview: "The applicant's daughter can go with him for traveling (going) to U.S."

Other information:
       *  The un-married applicant has now two children (from a Nurse girlfriend):
         -- With 8 yrs. old daughter (INS/NVC already informed)
         -- With 5 yrs. old son (not yet updated to INS/NVC)
       *  Applicant Profession/Occupation: Electrical Engineer (with Philippine License)
       *  The applicant has a Nurse sister (naturalized U.S. citizen) living in Illinois with her family.
       *  The applicant just received the Immigrant Visa application form last January 2007, but not yet filled-up for sending back to INS or U.S. Embassy.
       *  My agent or authorized person now is my sister in Quezon City, Phil.
1. What is now my Category number? and the priority date?
2. How long should I wait?
3. How about my son?
4. What will happen if I could not able to send back the filled-up Visa application within a year?

Since the petitioner is dead, you must notify NVC and Embassy of this fact and ask for revalidation of the I-130. If they approve revalidation, you can process the immigrant visas for you and your children, provided you have a family memebr who is a US Citizen or Green card holder to fill out the affidavit of support.

If they do not approve the revalidation or you do not have a qualifying relative to do the financial support, the case is dead.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.