Immigration Issues/Immigration


I'm 19 years old and I have lived in the US for about 12 years, I was pretty much raised here.  My mother, my brother and myself are immigrants from Mexico.  All of our family members all have their green cards except us.  My question is: Would there be any way that I would be able to apply for citizenship?

No.  You are not an immigrant.  You are an illegal alien.  If you do not have your Green Card (or Permanent Resident Visa) then you have no legal right to stay in the US.

To become a citizen you must first obtain a Permanent Resident Visa.  

Good luck.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.