Immigration Issues/Inviting Parents on Visitor Visa

Question
Greetings !!!

I am currently on H1B visa and my visa is expiring on Feb-2008. I have however applied for my PERM.

I am planning to invite my parents from India during the December vacation time and is planning to have them from Nov-07 to Mar-08.

Would I have to provide any additional documentation along with I-797. If yes, what should be the supporting documents?

Thanks in advance for taking time to clarify this.

Answer
Kishore,
You should check the US consulate website for your country for information on all of the documents required. Normally the B2 requires the form I-134 "affidavit of support" with your pay stubs, return tickets, a letter indicating the purpose of visit and a general itinerary.  The granting of the visa will be determined by the visa officers belief that your parents have the intention to return to their home country and not stay in the US.
Good luck.
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley