You are here:

Immigration Issues/Inviting Parents on Visitor Visa


Greetings !!!

I am currently on H1B visa and my visa is expiring on Feb-2008. I have however applied for my PERM.

I am planning to invite my parents from India during the December vacation time and is planning to have them from Nov-07 to Mar-08.

Would I have to provide any additional documentation along with I-797. If yes, what should be the supporting documents?

Thanks in advance for taking time to clarify this.

You should check the US consulate website for your country for information on all of the documents required. Normally the B2 requires the form I-134 "affidavit of support" with your pay stubs, return tickets, a letter indicating the purpose of visit and a general itinerary.  The granting of the visa will be determined by the visa officers belief that your parents have the intention to return to their home country and not stay in the US.
Good luck.
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.