Immigration Issues/K-1 Visa Adjustment of Status

Question
I arrived in the States on a K-1 visa and have now married my fiancee and submitted my I-485 along with the required documents. I also submitted an I-765 so I can get temporary employment authorization. How long will it take for me to get my work permit? When  are adjustment interviews scheduled after submitting the application?

Answer

It will take close to 3 months to be issued employment authorization card after you submitted I-765. This card will be mailed to your residence. You should receive a receipt notice with a case number about 2 weeks after the application was filed, and this will allow you to track the case online as well.

The adjustment of status interview will take place about 6 months after submission of I-485. You will be notified by mail from the local USCIS office about the interview.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora