Immigration Issues/K-1 Visa and divorce

Question
Very simple. Can she remarry if she divorces before the 2yr conditional period?
-------------------------------------------
The text above is a follow-up to ...

-----Question-----
Maybe I don't understand or maybe I didn't clarify the question properly. If she gets divorced before the 2 yr card and she remarries another US citizen, will this help her and her son?
The text above is a follow-up to ...

-----Question-----
Thanks for your reply. I have a follow question. Will they both be able to marry again? And in her case will she be able to become a permanent residence sooner than the 10 yr card?
The text above is a follow-up to ...

-----Question-----
I have a friend who is getting married to an immigrant on a k-1 visa, who also has a 8 year old child coming with her. The first question is what happens once he marries her and things don't work out before the two year conditional time or even if it's 6 months, 8 months, 1yr etc. It's hard to get to know someone within the 90 days they give you to marry. What would happen to the process and what happens to the immigrant spouse and her child? Do they get deported or are they able to stay legally?
-----Answer-----
If they stay together until she gets her conditional card, if they split up after, she can get divorced and file for the 10 year cards for her and her son without him.

Robert

-----Answer-----
She will get a 2 year conditional card and then will have to apply to remove the conditions 21 months after she gets 2 year card. She needs him for the 2 year card but not fo rthe removal as slong as she has proof of the marriage after she gets the 2 year card. The child is tied to the mother if she gets it, the child will get it. Once she gets the 2 year card, if they get divorced but her conditions are removed and she gets the 10 year card she can remarry.

Robert
-----Answer-----
If she gets divorced before getting the 2 year card, a new husband could apply for them, but immigration may ask a lot of questions and ask for proof of both marriages. Sometimes when people file and then do not show up for interviews, Immigration send them for a removal hearing.

Robert

Answer
Very simple. If she divorces before she gets the 2 year card, she can get married to someone else but Immigration will ask a lot of questions about both marraiges. If she divorces after getting the 2 year card and before getting approved for the 10 year card, she can file for the 10 year card on her own with proof of her relationship after she got the card and she can keep the residence and will not need to marry someone else for immigration reasons. If she gets the 10 year card, she is free to do what she wants.

Robert

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>