Immigration Issues/K-3 visa question

Question
I am an American citizen and my wife is a Chinese citizen. We've been married for 3 years and 6 months. We married in Hong Kong in 2003. We have a 2 year old daughter that was born in China. I lived with my wife in mainland China for 3 years and 5 months and now I'm back in the U.S. to petition for my wife's visa to come to America. I've obtained an American passport and birth certificate for our daughter and I've brought her to America with me so that we would only need to petition for my wife's visa.
I am currently receiving disability but, my older sister has agreed to sign papers of support. I'm now in the process of returning to the work force.
Would I need more than one family member to agree to support?
My wife must send me current passport type photos for the application but what size should the photos be(2 inch X 2 inch)?
Is it necessay that we live with or in the same state as the family member that provides evidence of support?
My sister lives in Virginia but my apartment will be in Long Island, New York.
Would I need a lawyer to help our case?
Also, approximately how long will it take for my wife to set foot in the U.S. after I petition for her visa?
I would like to thank you in advance for any answers that you could provide.

Answer
Hi Armand,

The affidavit of support by your sister should be OK as long as the minimum income requirements are met: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864p.pdf

The photo requirements are here: http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/guide_2081.html

You and your wife can reside in a different state from the person providing financial support.

A lawyer is not required.

Allow between 3 months and one year for your wife to join you in K-3 visa status. Further information about K-3 visa status is here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora