Immigration Issues/K-3 visa


I would like to know if I am filing the right paper work I need to bring my wife over from the Philippines. We got married this past may. I am filing out the I-130, I-129F, G-325A. This is my first step but I want to make sure that this is all the paper work I am going to need to send out right now.  I do have the copy of the marriage certificate, your passport photos. Is their anything else I am lacking to file out? Another thing which from do I pay for the I-129f, I-130 or do I have to pay for the both of them.  

To start, you must file Form I-130 ($190.00) on behalf of your spouse with the applicable Service Center having jurisdiction over your place of residence.  You will then receive a Form I-797, Notice of Action, indicating that the I-130 has been received by the USCIS. You then file a copy of this I-797, along with a Form I-129F ($170.00) on behalf of your spouse and any children, to the following address:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 7218
Chicago, IL 60680-7218
You should be careful to follow all instructions on each form and provide the Service with all necessary documentation. Following adjudication of the Form I-129F, the petition will be forwarded to the applicable consulate so that the alien beneficiary or beneficiaries may apply to the Department of State for nonimmigrant K-3/K-4 visas.

Persons in K-3 or K-4 status and applicants for adjustment to permanent resident status from K-3 or K-4 are eligible to apply for a work permit while their cases (Form I-130 or Form I-485) are pending. You should use USCIS Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) to apply for a work permit. If you are in K-3/K-4 status, you must submit the application by mailing a Form I-765 along with the $100 application fee to:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 7218
Chicago, IL 60680-7218  

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Immigration Law enforcement Border Patrol


30 years Immigration law enforcement/management, criminal investigations, Homeland Security including Border Patrol operations

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]