Immigration Issues/K1 Visa

My sister came to US using K1 in 11/2005, she was married in 90 days and applied I485. She and her husband were called for an interview in 6/2006 and were told to wait for a decision, however, it has been past for almost a year and she still doesn't get anything from them. She went to a local office to inquire and was told that the case may take 1-5 years before a decision. Is it normal to take that long? if not, what she should do? Thanks in advance  

It does not take that long, did they give a reason why it should take this long? One reason I could think of would be that it may be due to name check clearance. I think you should  hire a local immigration attorney and see if he could push them to adjudicate your petition sooner.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,