Immigration Issues/K1 Visa

Question
My sister came to US using K1 in 11/2005, she was married in 90 days and applied I485. She and her husband were called for an interview in 6/2006 and were told to wait for a decision, however, it has been past for almost a year and she still doesn't get anything from them. She went to a local office to inquire and was told that the case may take 1-5 years before a decision. Is it normal to take that long? if not, what she should do? Thanks in advance  

Answer
Mike:
It does not take that long, did they give a reason why it should take this long? One reason I could think of would be that it may be due to name check clearance. I think you should  hire a local immigration attorney and see if he could push them to adjudicate your petition sooner.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan