Immigration Issues/K1 fiance Visa


I am English, my fiance is American, and we are planning on getting married in USA as soon as possible. We understand that we have to apply for a K1 visa and we have the information from the Embassy on how to do this, but we need to know the best and quickest way to do it. We are hoping to get married at Christmas and want to know if this is possible. Is there a fast track service? The Embassy does not state how long this procedure takes. Would it be easier for us to marry in UK and apply for a spouse visa? Really we just want to be married as soon as possible, but we are trying to do everything right and avoid any complications and delays. Please help, I am at the end of my tether and feel like we should be enjoying our engagement and wedding plans instead of being traumatised by the Embassy! It seems that we can't book anything or plan anything until the visa is approved or denied, but we have no idea how long this will take and are both about to explode!
Thank you so much for your time.  

Where are you now U.S. or U.k.? if you are in the States you do not need to apply for K-1. You can get married here and apply for adjustment of status and get travel permission so that you will be able to travel while your case is pending. Let me know if you need a good lawyer!!!


Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.