Immigration Issues/L-2 visa

Question
I have a L-2 visa.My husband is on L-1 visa in US. I am working in a company in India.Can i take leave and visit US to apply for EAD and comeback to India till it gets processed
or
I have to be unemployed while applying for EAD in US?  

Answer

You can enter the U.S. on the L-2 visa status, apply for EAD, and then leave the U.S. anytime you wish. The EAD application will be processed and approved as long as you were in the U.S. at the time that the application was filed.

The EAD, upon approval, will be mailed to your residence in the U.S. (even though you may not be in the U.S. at that time). The EAD will remain valid when you enter the U.S. (as long as the expiration date noted on the EAD has not expired).

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora