Immigration Issues/L1 to H1 & L2 to H4

Question
I came to USA in Nov 2003 on L1B visa thru company 'A' and my wife as L2 (My wife got EAD thru L2, worked for 2 months in nov and dec'05). Company 'B' applied an H1B Visa for me and H4 for my wife which was effective from Oct'2005. But, I was not able to join company 'B' since I was holding critical project in company 'A'. I joined company 'B' (who sponcered my H1) in Aug'07. I did not go out of the country since Mar'05. Now I'm planning to start my green card processing. Please advise me 1. if will there be any problem if I go for my H1 stamping in Canada now? 2. Is my wifes H4 Valid since I swiched from L1 job from company 'A' to H1 job from company 'B'?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Answer
Chandu: If the H-1B was for applied for as a change of status, both you and your wife have been out of status since Oct'2005. I would suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney on this matter.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan