Immigration Issues/L1 to H1 Status.

I am currently working for company A on L1-A visa. Company B had filed my H1-B visa with change of status and got approved. Because of my personal reasons I would not be able to work for company B from Oct 1, 2007 i.e. H1-B start date.

My L1-A visa got expired but I am working as I got my I-94 till Jan,2008.

I have the following questions:
How much time would I be able to work for company A after oct 1, 2007. if company A did not file my L1-A Extension.?

If I apply for my L1-A extension from my company A.
1) Would I loose my H1 Approval?
2) Would I be able to go out of country and get stamp my H1 and enter again to work with new company?
Otherwise, could you give me your suggestion.  

Chennuru: If your current company files for a L-1A extension at this time and the effective date is after your current L status ends. (provided it is after Oct 1)
1) Yes you will lose your H-1 approval.
2) This again depends on the effective date of your extension, if it is before Oct 1st then you should be able to go home and reenter on H.
I would also advise that you consult with an immigration attorney providing him with all the facts about your case before proceeding.

Ramasamy Krishnan
Attorney at Law
Ashley & Krishnan
9801 Westheimer, Suite 302
Houston, TX 77042

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,