Immigration Issues/L1 to H1 transfer

Question
Hi..
 I'm in real trouble.  Not knowing what to do.  I need your help. Please reply to nick_twenty@yahoo.com

I'm currently on L1B working with a company A working in US right now.

I applied for L1 to H1 transfer for Company B ..

Now latest news I heard from them  is my H1 has been approved.

I feel now that I need atleast 2 months to join Company B.

is it legal to work with Company A?.. will company A know about this ?..

Do I need to call anyone to inform this?.

Please help me?.  

Answer
Hi Nick,

If you were granted change of status to H-1B (in other words, there is an I-94 attached to the bottom of the H-1B approval notice), then you are automatically in H-1B status upon approval of the H-1B petition. Since you can only hold one status in the U.S. at one time, you must discontinue working for the L1 employer immediately and start working for the H-1B employer. You are no longer authorized to legally work for the L1 employer, unfortunately.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora