You are here:

Immigration Issues/L1 -> H1 transfer {Can I woork for prevoius employeer}


I have got L1 (Comp. A) to H1 (Comp. B)with COS. But Comp B is not able to find project for me, So I continued for around 50 days with Comp. A after 1 St Oct. Now I am planing to go out to India (2-3 weeks)  & come back on L1 for Comp A. (I am still employed with them & they don;t know abt my transfer ). It there going to be any problem ?

Absolutely there is a problem, you are currently on H-1B status and you are not working for the petitioner. I would suggest that you join your H-1B employer immediately, though it will not cure the unauthorized employment.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.