Immigration Issues/L1 - H1B stamping query

Question

I'm on L1B visa in US through Company A. I'm in I-94 since my visa was expired. Another company B has filed for H1B visa on April 2006. For some reason i have to go back to India this Aug 25, 2006.

1) since i'm going back to India, whether my H1B petition will become void/cancelled

2) since company B has applied for change of status whether my L1B will become void and no longer can be used for re-stamping in India

3) once i'm in India for which visa i have to go for stamping - L1B from company A or H1B from Company B

4) if it is for H1B from company B then do i require 3 month payslip like that.

Answer
Hi Kumarasamy,

Once your H-1B petition is approved, and you are granted "change of status" to H-1B visa status, you will automatically be in H-1B status if you are in the U.S. at that time. If you are not in the U.S. upon approval of the H-1B petition, you must apply for the H-1B visa at the nearest U.S. Consulate if the purpose of your entry is expected to work for Company B. The Consulate will ask for evidence that you were maintaining L1B status while you were in the U.S. (such as recent pay stubs).

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora