Immigration Issues/L1 to L2 (while spouse L2-> L1).

Question
I have question about changing visa from L2 to L1.
I have been working for company X in india for two year and seven months till may 2006. I resigned on May 2006.Now I am in the US on L2 as my sposue has L1. I applied for EAD as well and the Biometric is done and now waiting for the EAD card.
Now my old employer (Company X) is ready to give me a job in US office. Since the current location and job location is very faraway , I am planning to take my family with me to new place.
Here are my questions
1)Can I get an L1 for me and L2 for my spouse from Company X while am in the US without going to indian for visa stamping ?
2)Can I start work my old employer with L2+EAD in the US  and ask them file L1 and L2 for me and my spouse paralelly ?

3)Since my spouse is currently working in US on L1, can she continue the work till status change to L2 is approved ? or should she stop working as soon as change of status is filed ?
4)If we do not have to go to India for stamping, when would the new status stamped to our passport?

Can you please reply ?
Thanks in advance
Mohd

Answer
Hi Mohd,

You can change status to L1 through Co. X and your wife can either change status to L2 or she can continue maintaining her independent status (L1). You do not have to go for stamping at a U.S. Consulate abroad since you will be granted change of status within the U.S.

You can start work for Co. A right away based on your current EAD and then Co. A can sponsor you for L1.

Your spouse can continue working on her current L1 until she is granted change of status to L2 (or else she can maintain independent L1 status if she continues to work for her L1 employer).

When granted change of status, the L1 or L2 approval notices will have a new I-94 attached to the bottom. There is no need to go for stamping.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com  

Ajay K. Arora