Immigration Issues/L1/L2 visa query

Question
Hello
My husband is working with a multinational company in India, currently we both are in US,he is on B1 visa working on a client site project and i am on B2.

His company is processing with L1-B Blanket visa for long term stay, so we are going back to India in July 2005 for interview. While filling the form we mentioned about my detail (for L2 visa) along with marriage certificate and all page passport photocopy.

I wish to know that if my husband's L1 gets approved, my L2 also gets approved along or I need to fill in separate form and take separate interview date. Also at what stage I need to fill in I-539 for status change.

Thanks a lot  

Answer
Your question raises the prospect that your husband is currently illegally employed since he is "working on a client site project.  Aside from that.

The consulate should issue you an L-2 when they issue an L-1 to him.  You will need to fill out additional forms and pay an additional fee.  You probably will not need to schedule a separate appointment but that will depend.

I have no idea what you are talking about regarding the I-539.  An I-539 is for changing or extending status in the United States.

You should speak to the immigration attorney handling the case for specific information.

James D. Mills, Esq.