Immigration Issues/L1/L2 visa query

Question
Hi
My husband's company have processed our L1/L2 and petition papers has arrived, currently we are in US on B1/B2. Is it true that one must be in home country (India) at least for 3 months before applying for interview at VFS. If not so then can we take interview date online.
Also I would like to know are B1/B2 are transferable visa, can we get our visa status converted while we are in US.
Thank you very much.

Answer

Check the bottom of the L1/L2 approval ntoices whether the USCIS has granted change of status. If so, there is no requirement to leave the U.S. since a new I-94 has been attached to the approval notice.

Whether change of status has been granted or not, if you leave the U.S. you will need to apply at a U.S. Consulate in India for issuance of L1/L2 visa. The appointment can be made online.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora