Immigration Issues/L1/L2 visa query

Question
Hello
My husband is working with a multinational company in India, currently we
both are in US,he is on B1 visa working on a client site project and i am on B2. His company is processing with L1-B Blanket visa for long term stay.
We wish to know a few things regarding L1/L2 visa,

1) While filling the form we mentioned about my detail (for L2 visa) along with photocopy of marriage certificate, all page passport and two
photographs.we wish to know that is it enough to apply for L2 or we need to fill in separate form.

2) Is it possible to get change of status while we are here in US or its must to go back to India for interview.

Thanks a lot

Answer
Hi Prita,

Form I-539 will be filled out by you for L-2 status and filed with the USCIS. The instructions are on the form.

You will be granted change of status to L-2 within the U.S. assuming that the form is filed before your I-94 expires. Form I-539 can be filed after your husband's L-1B petition has been filed.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora