Immigration Issues/L1 & L2 visas

Question
My husband is on an L1 visa due to company transfer, myself and children are on L2 visas.  I have tried to get a Virginia driving licence and have been declined.  I have been told to have my name added to the I797B and then the DMV will accept this as secondary proof of ID - is this possible and what is the procedure to obtain it?

Answer
Sandra: There is no way to add your name to your husband L-1. Your I-94 should be proof enough of your status. You need to tell them there is no such provision to do so. I would suggest that you consult with an immigration lawyer in your city.

In the alternative you can apply for an Employment authorization document, SS# and then apply for a driver's license.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan