Immigration Issues/L1 - L2 visas

Question
My husband has an L1 visa and as a result I have an L2 visa, howver we seperated 6 months ago and live totally seperate lives now.  How does this effect my L2 visa status?  or is it a case of because we are not divorced it makes no difference. is it something i need to inform immigration control about?

Answer
Hi Samantha,

Since you are not divorced, you continue to maintain L-2 visa status. There is no action to be taken at this time. However, you should check to see when the I-94 expires on your L-2 status so that you file extension of L-2 status on a timely basis.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora