Immigration Issues/L1 processing

My husband's company have processed our L1/L2 and petition papers has arrived, currently we are in US on B1/B2. Is it true that one must be in home country (India) at least for 3 months before applying for interview at VFS for L1/L2.
Also I would like to know are B1/B2 transferable visa, can we get our visa status converted while we are in US.
Thank you very much.  

Since your company is handling this for you, you should direct questions to your company.  I know of no requirement to be it India for 3 months before requesting an interview.  It may take 3 months though for them to actually schedule it.  I have not dealt with the Indian consultates recently though.

Yes, it is possible to change status while on a B visa.  Of course, the application would need to be properly filled out to make that request.  

James D. Mills, Esq.

I can answer questions regarding business and family immigration, deportation, removal, exclusion, the immigration consequences of crimes and structuring criminal cases to eliminate or mininize immigration consequences.

I have been a licensed immigration attorney and a member of the American Immigration Lawyer's association for more than five years.

American Immigration Lawyer's Association.

Juris Doctorate, Rutgers School of Law- Camden, 1997