Immigration Issues/L1 processing

Question
Hi
We are from India, my husband is a computer science engineer having 8 years of experience in IT and have been to US on B1 three times till now. His Blanket L-1B petition has been filed in April 2005 and only thing informed by company till now is that the papers are passed to the attorney in US.
I want to know does processing of blanket L1 takes this long. Also only after his L1 is approved I can apply for L2 or I can do so right now,i also have B1/B2 visa stamped.
Please help us to know better about L1-L2 processing.
Thank you.

Answer

Your husband should ask the company for a receipt notice with a case number for the L-1B filing. Then the case can be tracked online here: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

After your husband's L-1B is approved, you should apply for L-2 visa status at the nearest U.S. Consulate to your residence in India.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com  

Ajay K. Arora