Immigration Issues/L2 VISA query

Question
I will be applying for an L1 visa for me and an L2 visa for my husband-to-be. My company will prepare my L1/L2 VISA packet before my wedding , which will have my status as single. However when I and my new husband will arrive at the embassy for VISA interview, I will have the marriage certificate with me.
So, my question is, will L2 be granted even if the DS 156 states both of us as single and we have marriage certificate as a proof of marriage?

Answer
Swati,
The employer can only apply for an L1 visa for you.  The L2 visa is issued only at the consulate.  So your question about the DS156 could not happen.  Once your L1 is approved and you get married both you and your spouse would then apply for an L1 and L2 visa simultaneously.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley