Immigration Issues/L2 VISA query


I will be applying for an L1 visa for me and an L2 visa for my husband-to-be. My company will prepare my L1/L2 VISA packet before my wedding , which will have my status as single. However when I and my new husband will arrive at the embassy for VISA interview, I will have the marriage certificate with me.
So, my question is, will L2 be granted even if the DS 156 states both of us as single and we have marriage certificate as a proof of marriage?

The employer can only apply for an L1 visa for you.  The L2 visa is issued only at the consulate.  So your question about the DS156 could not happen.  Once your L1 is approved and you get married both you and your spouse would then apply for an L1 and L2 visa simultaneously.
Good Luck
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]