Immigration Issues/L2 Visa to Green Card

Question
I am currently on L2 and have a valid EAD. My employer is willing to sponsor my Green card. My spouse's company is not interested in doing his GC. He has been in the country since 2002 December. Can I get my Green Card processed ? How long does it generally take? Will my spouse have to continue to be in L1 till the GC comes, or is eligible to switch jobs ?

Answer
You can get your green card processed depending on the job title whether eb3 or eb2.  I would suggest, if possible, to try for an eb2--shorter waiting period.  

Your husband, can switch jobs but he would be subject to the time limitation of his visa.  If you change to L1 then he can work on L2 and wait until you obtain a green card.  This is an option but I would suggest that you contact an immigration attorney for a full consultation.  You may contact me directly at mark@ashleykrishnan.com
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley