Immigration Issues/L2 visa processing

Question
Hello Sir,
   My husband went on L1 last May 05 and his L1 visa got expired by August 05, but his I-94 is valid till Aug 07.

His passport also got expired and he applied and got a new passport in US.

I am planning to apply for L2 now and I would like to know if there would be any problems(mainly related to his L1 visa status). Also what kind of questions I can expect from the Consualate officer.

Kindly help me out regarding this.
KK

Answer

The Consulate may want your husband to apply for L-1A visa valid until August, 2007 before htey issue you the L-2 visa. However, it is also possible (if you get lucky) that the Consulate will issue you the L-2 visa even if your husband's L-1A visa has expired, as long as you can show that your husband is maintaining L-1A status, which means that he is being paid by his employer. This can be shown through recent pay stubs as well as W-2 for the year 2005 issued to your husband (the Form W-2 is issued by your husband's employer and states the total salary received by your husband for the year 2005). It will also be important to take copy of your husband's passport and his L-1A approval notice.

The Consulate may ask you questions about the marriage (take the marriage certificate and perhaps some wedding photos) as well as your husband's employment, such as whether he is being paid by his company, and what his job title is.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora