Immigration Issues/L2 visa renewal

Question
My L2 visa expired on 02/14/2005 but my I-94 s valid till 02/2007(same is the case with my husband's L1 visa).If I travel to India alone for a short time, say 1 month, can I get my visa renewed independently? Or is it compulsory that it has to be renewed with my husband's L1 visa  only.
Pl. advise.

Answer
Hi Hitasha,

The Consulate in most cases wants proof that the principal applicant (the L-1 visa holder) has an actual unexpired visa in their passport before the Consulate issues a visa to the dependents. Therefore, the Consulate will probably want your husband to apply for his L-1 visa either at the same time as you, or prior to your application.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora