Immigration Issues/Labour process

Question
I am Mihir and I live in NJ. My company filed GC (Labor Certification phase) in 2002. All the sites still show, NJ is still currently processing 2001. But lots of other states are either in late 2003 or even in 2004. Do you have any information about why NJ this much delayed?. I know NY is further delayed. Do you see any sign for situation will become better in coming months in NJ?.

If I get chance to move to another company in another state and start processing from there, do you think that is good option now?.

Please advise.

Regards.
Mihir

Answer
Hi Mihir:

Processing times for all states can be checked on this website: http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

Processing times for different states depends on volume of applications and the number of employees the state has devoted to processing.

Another RIR application (also known as fast-track Labor Certification) can be filed through another state, but your employer must have an office in that particular state. A company can file RIR for you even if you are not currently employed by the company as long as the company has the intention of hiring you in the future.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com  

Ajay K. Arora