Immigration Issues/Legal issue question?

Question
I'm in US with H-1B Status and working for company-A, Got new H1 with Company-B. Went out of country and while coming back shown approval notice of Company-B H1 with Visa stamping of Company-A.
Officer gave me file and sent inside offcie. Their they questioned about my previous stay. I shown all my Company-A paychecks, Employment letter and H1 of Company-A.
Oficer has given I-94 and allowed me inside USA, but the I-94 was given for Company-A Validity. At that time i didn't observed it.
After coming inside found the issue, when i checked with my employer of Compnay-B they said i can use the I-94 which i got with my Company-B H1 approval notice.
Before the I-94 given by POE was going to expire i sent my passport for Visa stamping along with Company-B H1 approval notice and I-94. USCIS stamped my passport and returned the I-94 i had along with my H1.
Again i wnet out of country and came back on AdavanceParole and had latest I-94 with AOS.

Now i got RFE of my 1-485 questioning about my legal status and to send Passport copy and my Front and back of I-94. They questioned particularily about my previous entry since thats the last entry before applying my AOS(I-485).
As far i know i was never illegally stayed in USA. Have my all Paycheks and have all my valid H1s along with me.
Only concern i have here is the officer giving I-94 of Company-A while i have valid H1 for Company-B, but to be legal i sent my passport to USCIS asking for stamping and also got another valid H1 after this issue.

Is their any issue with my legal status? If so what can i do now?

Answer

The I-94 issued at the POE was the latest action by the USCIS, and took precedence over the H-1B approval notice of Co. B. Therefore, your authorized stay expired when the I-94 issued at the POE expired, even if you sent your passport for visa stamping. Incidentally, a valid visa in the passport is relevant only to entry to the U.S., but an unexpired I-94 is required to maintain your legal status in the U.S. after entry into the U.S.

Therefore, there was a technical violation of status earlier. Please meet with an experienced lawyer specializing in Immigration Law to best answer the I-485 RFE.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora