Immigration Issues/Living US


Hi Robert,
I was wondering if you could help. My mum retires next year and is hoping to get a house in america and spend part of her time there. She's a UK citizen and doesn't want to become an american citizen as she'll lose her pension.
First off can she live in the US as a british citizen and what kind of visa etc will she need, and also how long can she stay in america.

I'd much appreciate it if you could get back to me as I'm having a nightmare finding out about this for her.

Cheers very much


As a British citizen, she can come here for 90 days at a time on the visa waiver program. She would have to go back and stay in England for awile after each 90 day trip. For longer stays, she would have to get a work visa or have an immediate relative who is a citizen or resident sponsor her.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.