Immigration Issues/How Long after filing petition

Question
I am a US citizen and I recently filed a petition for my parents who live in the US and i was wondering how long it would take for them to get a work permit. I also would like to know if there's a posibility of them getting deported because they are being threatened to be reported to immigration by someone.  Can this happened even if i have already submited all the petition papers?
thank you

Answer
An Employment Authorization typically takes 3-5 months.  

As far as your second question is concerned it is impossible to answer without more information.  It depends on why they are threatened with deportation and whether they are eligible to adjust status without leaving the US.  Not everyone here, even if married to a US Citizen or the parents of a US Citizen, can obtain a green card.  There are many possible problems.  The most common is entering the US illegally.

James D. Mills, Esq.