Immigration Issues/Lost EAD

Question
Hi Ajay,

I recently lost my EAD card.My H1 visa has been approved and will be effective from October 9 2007.I need to go to India in order to get the visa stamping done for the H1B visa.Do I still need to reapply for the EAD card?

I have photocopies of my EAD card.And I have been working since March on OPT.MY OPT will expire some time in Feb 2008.

Thanks in Advance.
Amita

Answer
Hi Amita,

I recommend applying for a duplicate EAD card before your departure by submitting Form I-765 again: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765.pdf

The Consulate should stamp an H-1B visa in your passport, as it appears that you have maintained your nonimmigrant status in the U.S., even if you do not receive actual replacment EAD card before your application for the visa stamp at the Consulate.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora