Immigration Issues/I'M AN ITALIAN MAN WHO SHOULD LIVE AND WORK IN THE UNITED STATES LEGALLY

Question
I'm an Italian man aged 48 who should like to live an work in the United States legally. I have worked in the Italian justice administration for nearly 20 years; the first 10 years i worked as a judicial driver that consisted in taking judges from a place to another by armored cars. In the   remaining years i continued to work as a public relations employee. Now i no longer work and get a monthly disability pension of 617 euros a month (nearly $804). For now i have my parents who integrate my poor pension with extra money,but my parents are elderly and soon they will die and i will remain lonely, facing a lot of expenses counting only on my poor pension. So i'm keeping in consideration the fact of finding a job in the United States and live a good and dignified life over there. I don't live in the U.S.A. and i'm resident in Italy. I would be grateful to you if you will indicate me all the steps to immigrate in the U.S.A. and some useful suggestions.
Unfortunately i don't have relatives in the United States!

Thank you
         Regards.
         Giuliano  

Answer
Unfortunately, there are two main ways to immigrate to the United States, employment based immigration and family based immigration.  Since you have no family in the US, that option is out.  For employment based immigration, you would need to find a job that you were qualified for.  The employer would need to prove that no qualified US workers were willing to take the position.  

Since you are from Italy, your best bet would be to apply for the Diversity Visa Lottery.  You can find out about the requirements and other information regarding the DV Lottery at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1318.html

James D. Mills, Esq.